When your PLC, HMI, or other hardware runs an HTTP or HTTPS server, you can access it without requiring a VPN connection. With your Lenze account you can quickly access the HTTP or HTTPS server on any mobile and desktop device with an internet connection. The next steps show you how to set up an HTTP or HTTPS service.
- Go to [Devices] in the main menu, select the concerning device, open its [Services] tab, and press the [Add service] button .
- Enter a name and IP address for the PLC, HMI, or other hardware, and press [Next].
- Select your service type: [HTTP server].
- Name the service. The protocol, port number, and default landing page are pre-filled, based on standard use cases (i.e. port 80 for HTTP and port 443 for HTTPS traffic), but can be changed if necessary. Press [Add].
- Finally, press [Push changes] in the config tab to complete the setup.
You can use your newly added HTTP service once the device is back online.
- Open its [Info] tab and press the HTTP service name you entered to open the HTTP service.