When your PLC, HMI, or other hardware runs a VNC server, you can access it without requiring a VPN connection. With your Lenze account you can quickly access the VNC server on any mobile and desktop device with an internet connection. The next steps show you how to set up a VNC service.
- Go to [Devices] in the main menu, select the concerning device, open its [Services] tab, and press the [Add service] button .
- Enter a name and IP address for the PLC, HMI, or other hardware, and press [Next].
- Select your service type: [VNC server].
- Name the service. The port number is pre-filled, based on the default port for VNC traffic (5900), but can be changed if necessary. Enter a password if one is set at the VNC server.
- Please use the appropriate settings to ensure your VNC service functions properly.
- Press [Add].
- Finally, press [Push changes] in the config tab to complete the setup.
You can use your newly added VNC service once the device is back online.
- Open its [Info] tab and press the VNC service name you entered to open the VNC service.