This guide will help you in connecting to your device using the X4 remote to set up a secure remote connection.
Configure your device
You need to configure the device’s IP address, subnet mask and (default) gateway correctly.
The IP address needs to share the subnet of your x500 IoT gateway but cannot match their exact IP address. The subnet could for example be “192.168.140”, meaning the last figure “.1” can vary anywhere from 1 to 254 as long as it’s different from the x500 IoT gateway. The subnet mask needs to be the same as the x500 IoT gateway, which is usually 255.255.255.0. The (default) gateway should be set to the IP address of the x500 IoT gateway.
The exact configuration varies per device. We have several connection guides explaining this in detail:
- Configure your Lenze controller
- Configure your Sigmatek controller
- Configure your Siemens controller
- Configure your B&R controller
Remotely connect to your device
You have configured your device and are now connected to your x500 IoT gateway. This means you can now connect to you device via the corresponding development software.
Connect via the development software
The exact steps vary per device. We have several guides explaining this in detail:
- Remotely connect to your Lenze controller
- Remotely connect to your Sigmatek controller
- Remotely connect to your Siemens controller
- Remotely connect to your B&R controller
If your device is not listed, please contact the manufacturer for instructions.