The IP address of the x500 IoT gateway will, by default, be dynamically assigned via DHCP. However, some situations may require you to set a static IP address.
You can configure this in one of two ways, depending if the x500 IoT gateway is currently offline or online.
- Via USB flash drive (the x500 IoT gateway is currently offline)
- Via X4 remote (the x500 IoT gateway is currently online)
Via USB flash drive
If the x500 IoT gateway is offline, you can configure the x500 IoT gateway via USB flash drive.
You can specify a static WAN IP address for your x500 IoT gateway when you are creating a WAN configuration file, accessible via the [Tools] page. If you haven’t created a WAN configuration file before, view our getting started guide and apply the intermediate steps explained below.
- Press [Show more] in the top right of the WAN page.
- Here you can select “use the following IP address“. Enter an IP address, network mask, default gateway, and DNS server.
- Press [Next], proceed through the steps, and download the configuration file at the final step. Place the file in the root directory of the USB flash drive, not in a folder, and insert the USB flash drive in the x500 IoT gateway.
Via X4 Remote
Besides directly setting up a static IP address you can choose to do this later on. The next steps show you how.
- Go to [Devices] in the main menu, select the concerning device, open its [Config] tab, and edit the WAN settings.
- Select [Wired network].
- Select [Use the following IP address], enter the IP address, network mask, default gateway, and DNS server.
- Finally, press [Confirm] and [Push changes] in the config tab to complete the setup.