Wi-Fi variants of the x500 IoT gateway can simultaneously serve as a Wi-Fi client, where it connects to the internet via Wi-Fi, and as a WiFi hotspot. This Wi-Fi hotspot can be used to:
- Wirelessly access your PLC, HMI, or other hardware while you are on-site.
- Wirelessly access the internet. (view our “allow access to internet“-article)
- Wirelessly connect machine components.
The Wi-Fi hotspot can remotely be enabled/disabled on the X4 remote. The next steps show you how.
- Go to [Devices] in the main menu, select the concerning Wi-Fi router, open its [Config] tab, and edit the LAN settings.
- Toggle [Enable Wi-Fi hotspot], set a password (changing the SSID is optional), and press [Confirm].
- Finally, press [Push changes] in the config tab to complete the setup.